Wednesday, October 17, 2012

From notion to action

Thank you Carolina Tando for the pic

Today is H-3 before submission day and H-5 before the show. And this is my little story i want to share. It all started exactly one week ago. After my class, i usually chat with some of my friends and finally found out about this event at Kota Casablanca mall. There will be small fashion show held on Oct21 showcasing Bunka student collection. It's free and models are provided. But they only choose the best 20 looks to be on the show. Should i say 'wow gitu?'I'm excited yet my left brain keep telling me this is H-12 and I have to make min 2 looks? My oh my!

So here it goes...

H-12 : get the 'bomb' after the class, later that night i spend it at home to figure out about the theme and finally came up with 2 rough sketches


H-11 : go to Bunka for Headmaster's approvement in the interest for my sketches - along with my classmate, Carolina Tando. Yes, approve! After that excitement, somehow we got strength to walk about 15-20 mins looking for the fastest tailor, on our feet, at the noon, at 2pm. The heat make this head spinning around...but our dizziness was paid off after we found the willingness tailor man to do this miracle :) and when we went back walking, my shoes feel more comfy than before

H-10 : fabric shopping time and drop em to the tailor. Tailor started his work

H-9 : Leave it by trust

H-8 : Daily check up to the tailor man

H-7 : I have a light fever today... But this is happy Sunday, happy me. And happy me started thinking to make 3 looks. So i draw another 2 looks as an option

H-6 : My fever choose to stay, accompanied by flu. Anyway me and Olin has to do a shopping time again, because some fabric slighty less. After that around 4pm I went to Bunka to do some fitting with random student-model look alike. it wasn't turn as good as I imagine. The dress need adjustment. sigh.. Back again to the tailor man

H-5 : Today i made some adjustment to the looks, literally something that has to be done by hand. So it took a little long for me...it hasn't finished yet. Tomorrow i've plan go to find some stuff that will completed the look

As I write this... it's H-4 now

Models
Fabric store
Hopefully my looks got selected. It's my first experience, it's not easy but I believe this is possible. If it so, this will be my dream come true to showcasing my design at the runway before turning 25. From notion to action *finger crossed*

2 comments:

  1. A great woman with a great talented, deep passion, and a big dream. Yes you will achieve your dream,,, soon... Proud of you sweetheart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey!!! what a surprise received comment from you. It's because of your support too. Love :)

      Delete